Who We Are
Onondaga County Medical Society is a nonprofit organization that advocates for physicians and patients to advance the medical profession and to improve the health of the community.
The Benefits of Membership
• Patient referrals. OCMS helps you add new patients. Through our Find a Physician system, we provide referrals, records information and general guidance to primary and specialty physicians and their patients.
• Advocacy. We fight every day on your behalf on issues affecting your practice and the profession! We partner with member physicians to strengthen relationships with local legislators and provide exclusive access to our media and community connections to spotlight your concerns. OCMS also supports community committee initiatives aimed at protecting the health and wellness of your patients.
• Support. We help you keep the money you’ve earned by resolving claims, billing and payment issues. You can also count on us to help mediate disputes and to keep you updated on Medicare and Medicaid payment-policy rules.
• Two-for-one membership. Your voice will also be heard at the state level. When you join OCMS, you also become a Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) member. Partnering with MSSNY, we keep you informed on legislation that could adversely affect your practice and help you take action.
• Education. OCMS membership provides you access to exclusive educational programs and free CME for physicians, as well as free CEU for your staff each year.
Which membership is right for you?
Membership dues are unified with the State Medical Society and based on a calendar year.
Past members call the office for details on rejoining OCMS at (315)- 424-8118 or email us and we'll get you squared away!