Membership Benefits Onondaga County Medical Society (OCMS)
· Advocacy as OCMS works closely with legislators giving you a voice in Albany.
· Patient referrals as OCMS directs patients to your practice.
· Education through seminars and continuing medical education (CME) credit programs.
· Free workers' compensation application processing ($525 for non-members) and discounted, insurance products for physicians and staff, including health, dental, life, disability and medical malpractice.
· Legal assistance.
· Networking with local peers at OCMS hosted events.
· Physician wellness programs.
· Leadership opportunities within our executive council and the Medical Society of New York (MSSNY) House of Delegates.
· Daily medical news and updates.
· Practice management resources.
· Community outreach opportunities.
· Crisis communications, message development and media response training; social media training and support (up to a $2500 value); and advertising opportunities.
Featured Benefit: Premier Member Perks
MSSNYS’s Partnership with Premier Group Purchasing
Sign up today and begin taking advantage of the value and savings Premier brings to the table for Medical Society members:
- · A leading healthcare improvement company dedicated to better care and outcomes at lower costs
- · Nearly 30 years of experience in the alternate site group purchasing organization space
- · A portfolio featuring more than 900 suppliers and 2,000 products and services ranging from pharmaceuticals to medical/surgical supplies to business solutions and more (including numerous PPE solutions!)
- · A distributor neutral approach, meaning MSSNY members can continue using existing distributors while accessing Premier-negotiated pricing
- · A commitment to hands-on service to ensure MSSNY members are receiving the best value for all their purchasing needs
Click the links below to access specifics on the program:
- Continuum of Care Overview: High level overview of the Premier program and the value it provides
- GPO FAQ: Questions and answers to further introduce Premier and explain the program
- Physician Practices information sheet: Provides value proposition of the Premier program, followed by specific suppliers and contracts members will be able to access, broken down by category
- What to Expect: Step by step onboarding guide for members
Questions? Email MSSNY-Premier@premierinc.com or call (888) 258-3273.
CareClix | The Complete Virtual Health Program
Our user-friendly HIPAA compliant platform enables you to conduct routine virtual visits with your patients in any location!
- • Add Value To Your Practice Maximize Billing
- • Eligibility Checks
- • Promote Patient Satisfaction
- • Reduce Cancellations and No-Shows Integrated HER
Virtual Care Management Program
- • Real-time HD video consults • Collect co-payments
- • Conduct telephone consults • Integrates seamlessly with EPIC
- • Secure messaging capabilities • Integrates with medical devices
- • Set your schedule • Match your clinic’s brand
- • Recording capabilities
Participate in MSSNY’s Virtual Hospital and Referral Network!
CareClix provides your clinic with access to all the capabilities and benefits of virtual health. You can set your schedule, collect co-payments, and conduct telephone, message, and real-time video consults.
CareClix gives you the ability to offer telemedicine to your existing patients only or to expand your reach by attracting new patients.
To learn more about CareClix RPM program: careclix.com/remote-patient-monitoring To implement telemedicine for your practice visit: careclix.com/provider-signup Have questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareClix provides comprehensive, integrated telehealth applications, technology, and services that health systems can self-brand. CareClix provides out-of-the-box support for the most popular telemedicine carts, EHRs, and over 200+ medical devices. Healthline ranks CareClix as the #1 telemedicine company because we offer a seamless solution with advanced technical features and a dedicated team who helps tailor solutions to each of our clients.Insurance Charles J. Sellers & Co., Inc.
Endorsed by the Onondaga County Medical Society
Special benefits and discounts for members:
For more information, please contact Sellers & Co. at 1-800-333-5440, email@example.com, via text at 716-430-7140, or visit www.sellersinsurance.com.
The Wladis Companies, Inc./One Digital (Includes HR Services through Employee Benefits Plus, Inc.)
Endorsed by the Onondaga County Medical Society
Headquartered in Manhattan, MLMIC has field representatives throughout the State, as well as a regional office in Syracuse.
MLMIC has the largest, most experienced claims staff in New York State and has successfully defended more physicians and surgeons than all other New York insurers combined.
MLMIC's emphasis has always been on policyholder equity, quality, and reasonableness of cost. MLMIC’s underwriting staff responds to policyholders' needs by effectively evaluating and servicing the professional liability risks for physicians and surgeons.
MLMIC's Risk Management Department provides physicians with frequent and expanded educational programming. MLMIC is accredited by MSSNY to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians. Satisfactory completion of these courses allows physicians to earn CME credits and premium discounts, as well as qualify for participation in the medical malpractice excess insurance program.
Norris McLaughlin PA serves as General Counsel for the Onondaga County Medical Society. As Legal Counsel to Onondaga County Medical Society, the Health Care & Life Sciences Law Group at Norris McLaughlin, P.A., is responsible for the day-to-day legal representation of the Society. OCMS members have access to extensive legal advice in addition to medical legal programming and events support. They can receive free legal telephone advice up to approximately 1 hour from attorneys on a range of medical legal situations. Should more detailed or extensive assistance be required, it will be discounted by the firm at an OCMS members-only rate. Members can call (888) 861-1141.
(This is a dedicated number for Medical Society members only.)
MLMIC's knowledgeable attorneys are available during normal business hours to assist policyholders with a wide range of legal services, including, but not limited to, advisory opinions concerning liability issues, liability litigation activities, lecture programs, consulting services, and legal audits and assessments. Additionally, hospital risk managers have exclusive access to MLMIC's 24-hour legal hotline (1-800-ASK-MLMIC).
Physician Referral Service
Composed of OCMS members only, our list is broken down by specialty and location - it's the only countywide referral service in the area. There is no charge to add your name to the list on our Find a Physician website feature, and OCMS also provides telephone-assisted referrals for primary and specialty physicians. Physicians, their practice managers, and other key office staff can count on us to answer questions and provide valuable information on your behalf.
Transworld Systems, Inc. (TSI) is the industry leader in the collections industry. TSI can recover your slow paying and delinquent accounts, while still maintaining a relationship with the patient.
With a success rate over 4 times the industry average TSI has hundreds of local health care clients, many of whom have been using us for decades. A few key benefits include:
· Flat fee pricing. No percentages with special pricing and term for members of the ONCMS!
· Diplomatic approach for patient retention, Thank you letter sent to paid accounts!
· Industry leader in cyber security standards and control.
· 100% commitment to compliance and Regulation “F” ready!
· Real time reporting
· Web access 24/7
· We provide a Hold Harmless agreement to protect you from accidental violations of state or federal collection laws.
· Personal attention by an agent who has been with TSI since 1991...
Results are guaranteed in writing! For more information, call David Huntington at (315) 480-5880, or visit www.tsigreatlakes.com
Bulletin Classified Advertising
All members of the Medical Society are entitled to one free inch of ad each year in the quarterly magazine, the Bulletin.
NYS Workers' Compensation
The Medical Society is clearing house for Workers' Comp. Ratings and IME Ratings. This service is free to members. Nonmembers pay a $525 nonrefundable fee per rating change. Click here for more information.
Members of the Onondaga County Medical Society can request mailing labels for physicians. An Excel csv. file is also available for mailmerge projects (fee applies). In addition, if you are a member of the Medical Society you have the option of mailing out your communication at the bulk mail rate. For more information, please call our office, (315) 424-8118, or email us here at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYS Bar Association Publications
Medical Society members receive the New York State Bar Association member price on all of their Medical Legal Publications, including the Legal Manual for New York Physicians, Fifth Edition; the New York State Physician's HIPAA Privacy Manual, Second Edition; and the New York State Public Health Legal Manual. For more information about these publications and how you can order them, contact email@example.com.
DiscountsMassage Envy has partnered with OCMS to extend a new member benefit to physicians and their staffs! Massage Envy offers Total Body Stretch sessions, Rapid Tension Relief sessions and enhancements and an endless amount of advanced skin care services including Chemical Peels, Microderm Infusions, Jan Marini Customized Facials, Obagi Customized Facials and Back Facials! All massage sessions can be customized according to the client’s needs.
Massage Envy is now offering these membership discounts to OCMS physician members and their staffs: Option 1: Purchase 5 or more memberships and get the corporate discount of $660 each (vs. $720) and receive 12, 1-hour services per membership up front. Use the services yourself, or gift the services as employee appreciation gifts, morale boosting, excellence awards, etc. Those who receive the gift have the option of joining Massage Envy at a discounted rate of $55/ month. Option 2: If 10 or more individuals in your practice join Massage Envy, each will receive the $55/ month rate for one service each month.
Included in both options is this added benefit: Massage Envy would be available to participate in a few chair events at your practice or event, including health and wellness fairs and staff appreciation days! Massage Envy has locations in both Clay and Fayetteville, but memberships are honored at any of the over 1200 Massage Envy locations nationwide.
To sign up for this discount or for more information contact Meghan Wilson at 315-329-5070 firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to give her the code for the Onondaga County Medical Society. Call the Medical Society, 315-424-8118, if you are a member, and we will provide you with the code.Blink Fitness now offers OCMS Physician members access to their Blink Corporate Membership program! This benefit includes discounted membership fees, unlimited guest privileges at over 80 locations, and a FREE 60-minute Startup Session! To get started or learn more, contact: email@example.com, (315) 928-3830.
Members receive significantly discounted services at Massage Envy, as well as additional discounts off of any advanced skin care treatments, hot stone massages, and enhancements. Massage Envy has already created successful partnerships with other organizations in our community, including the YMCA, Orange Theory Fitness, Blink Fitness, I Love Kickboxing and Burn Kickboxing, and have participated in events with Crouse and Upstate Hospitals.
Dunn Tire has locations in Cicero, DeWitt, Camillus, and Auburn.
If you need a preferred member card, click here to download an instant e-card.Empower FCU
Members of the Onondaga County Medical Society are now eligible to take advantage of the benefits of membership in the largest credit union based in Central New York! With a branch network covering Onondaga, Oswego, Oneida, Montgomery, Chemung, Broome, Erie and Westchester counties, and a network of over 40,000 ATMs nationwide, Empower Federal Credit Union brings you convenience and a wide array of financial products and services to make your life easier.
Empower offers you real value: higher interest rates on savings and investments and low rates on our lending products. Couple this with superior service to our members, and you’ll agree that Empower is the institution to do all of your financial business. In addition, Empower membership offers added value for the business owner/manager:
Membership eligibility covers only the members of the Society and their eligible family members, but we invite you to open this eligibility to any and all staff members of your practices. If you would like to inquire as to how your staff can become members of the credit union, please do not hesitate to call Andy McLane Business Development Officer Empower Federal Credit Union. Office: (315) 728-5202. We welcome the Onondaga County Medical Society to Empower Federal Credit Union and look forward to serving the needs of the Society.